Got a huge load of dirty clothing starting to pile up? Procrastinating on doing the laundry isn't unusual. After all, it takes time and energy to work with an outdated washing machine. If your washing machine is too slow, too loud or it's just plain bad at its job, it's time for an upgrade.
- Related:How we choose our products
Some of the best washing machines are front-load washers. But finding the top-rated, front-load washing machines can be hard. That's where we come in. The shopping experts at CBS Essentials have found the best front-load washing machines for you. These laundry devices boast smart technology, incredible washing power, Wi-Fi connectivity and tons of rave customer reviews. They'll even look great in your laundry room too.
Experts sayold washing machines should be replaced every 12.6 years. Factors such as stress, abrasion and lack of maintenance can all contribute to a washing machine with low efficiency. Can't remember when you purchased your old washer? It's a great time to buy a new front-load washing machine. All of our picks are on sale now.
Front-load vs. top-load washer: Which is better?
Washing machines come as either front-load washers or top-load washers. But which is better? We gravitate toward the former for a few reasons.
- Front-load washing machines make it easier to take laundry in and out -- no leaning all the way into the machine.
- Front-load washers frequently feature reversible doors for flexible positioning.
- Thinking about stacking your laundry devices? You can't do that with a top-load washer, you'd block the machine door. This space-saving option can only be done with front-load machines.
What is the best front-load washing machine to buy in 2023?
Shop our selection of the best front-load washing machines in 2023. The front-load washing machine from reliable brands such as Samsung and LG feature a four-star rating or higher and include tons of positive reviews. Washing machines can be expensive. We've chosen a range of machines that suit a variety of budgets. Plus, all of these washing machines are on sale now!
Samsung extra-large capacity Smart Dial front-load washer with OptiWash
This 4.5-star-rated washing machine features a range of smart abilities that older washers lack. Its OptiWash technology can automatically sense soil levels while washing and add more time or detergent to ensure your clothes are clean.
Along with incredible built-in sensors, this front-load washer is treated with antimicrobial technology and harnesses the power of steam to gently remove stains.
It even features an AI-powered Smart Dial which learns and recommends your optimal wash cycles for the utmost customization. Get this Samsung front-load washer on sale for just $1,439 (regularly $1,599).
Why we like this Samsung washing machine:
- This 5-cubic-foot Samsung washer can wash a load of laundry in as little as 28 minutes.
- Its auto dispense system lets you fill your detergent drawer with up to 20 loads of detergent and softener.
- The washer's innovative Vibration Reduction Technology+ significantly reduces noise for quiet washing.
- When you download Samsung's SmartThings App, you can remotely start or stop the appliances, receive end-of-cycle alerts, schedule cycles and more.
$1,439 at Samsung
This five-cubic-foot Samsung front-load washer boasts many of the same smart capabilities as the one above. In addition to its speedy cleaning power, the machine's CleanGuard technology works its antimicrobial magic on high-touch areas and maintains a fresh-smelling drum and detergent drawer.
The 4.6-star-rated washer also features Wi-Fi connectivity, which means choosing a wash cycle is as easy as opening up the SmartThings app on your phone.
"The capacity of the washer really does satisfy our needs with four family members constantly washing their clothes," a reviewer on the Samsung site says. " There is no comparison to our old washer; this Samsung washer is the crème de la crème of washing machines."
It's just $1,304 right now, reduced from $1,449.
Why we like this Samsung washing machine:
- Its Swirl+ Drum Interior extracts more water quickly during the rinsing cycle and prevents fabrics from snagging during washing.
- This washer features MultiControl, which empowers you to operate your dryer directly from your washer when the units are stacked.
- Self Clean+ technology keeps the guesswork out of cleaning by notifying you every 40 wash cycles when the washer tub needs a clean.
$1,304 at Samsung
If a smart washing machine with a huge capacity is on your radar, then you're in luck. This 4.6-star-rated LG appliance is built to add convenience and stellar cleaning results into your laundry routine.
At a capacity of 5.2-cubic-feet, this machine can wash large loads of laundry in as little as 30 minutes. Along the way, its built-in intelligence uses AI technology to select the optimal wash settings.
Looking for asmart washer and dryer combo? If you havethe matching LG dryer, this washer can auto-select a compatible drying cycle.
This washer is 33% off right now at LG.
Why we like this LG washing machine:
- Its TurboWash technology uses stronger wash motions and increased water temperatures to improve and speed up the wash cycle.
- Its Allergiene Cycle harnesses the power of steam to reduce over 95% of allergens such as dust, pollen and pet dander.
- When you download the LG TinQ app, you can control and monitor your appliance from your smartphone.
$1,099 at LG
Good news if you work from home: This 4.6-star-rated Samsung washer uses Vibration Reduction Technology+ for a quieter wash. That means no more laundry sounds drowning out your Zoom calls.
Customers love that this self-cleaning washer includes 10 preset washing cycles with six additional washing cycles – and we love that it's on sale at 28% off right now at Best Buy.
"This washing machine has a wide variety of settings for washing, which is great for a large family and lots of laundry to do," wrote a Samsung customer who purchased the washer. "The bedding and waterproof items setting are awesome! Without the center cylinder, things like this can tangle, but not so with this setting."
Why we like this Samsung washing machine:
- This 4.5-cubic-foot Samsung washer is designed with a closet-depth fit and a wider drum for a modern look without sacrificing any capacity.
- This Energy Star-certified machine is recognized by the EPA for its cutting-edge efficiency in saving water and energy while delivering thorough cleaning results.
- You can troubleshoot your washer with Smart Care on your smartphone for immediate diagnoses and quick solutions.
$900 at Best Buy
Related content from CBS Essentials:
- The best washing machines in 2023
- The best electric dryers in 2023
- Best refrigerator brands in 2023
- Gas stoves can be bad for you. Here are the best induction ranges and cooktops in 2023
- Best robot vacuum deals of 2023
- Best deals on dishwashers in 2023
- Best Labor Day deals you can shop right now
- Best top-load washing machines in 2023
Lily Rose is a senior writer for CBS Essentials and the site's expert in home appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators and ranges. When she's not writing about how you can upgrade your laundry room, she's writing about home and kitchen essentials that will transform your space. Her favorite appliance is her air fryer. She firmly believes that it can make the crispiest sweet potato fries.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.
The front-loading ELFW7637AT has excellent stain removal performance, a detergent pod dispenser, and a 15-minute Fast wash. The
The most reliable front-load washer brands include well-known appliance manufacturers such as Samsung, GE Appliances, and LG. Other appliance brands, such as Maytag, Whirlpool, and Electrolux, manufacture high-quality washing machines, including front-load models.What is the best Samsung washing machine 2023? ›
Two Samsung washers make our Best Washing Machines of 2023 rating: the Samsung 4.5-Cubic-Foot WF45T6000A Front-Load Washer and the Samsung 5-Cubic-Foot WA50R5400A Top-Load Washer.Which is the No 1 washing machine? ›
|Washing Machine||Amazon Ratings|
|Panasonic 6.5 Kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||4.3/5|
|Onida 6.5 kg Top Load Washer||4.2/5|
|LG 7 Kg 5 Star Inverter TurboDrum Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||4.2/5|
The machines are from familiar brands such as Amana, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, LG, Maytag, Samsung, and Whirlpool, as well as lesser-known brands like Fisher & Paykel and Miele. LG washers dominate our ratings because they consistently deliver superior washing performance, water efficiency, and energy efficiency.Which front-load washer is number 1? ›
|Front Load Washing Machines||Price in India|
|Samsung 8 Kg 5 Star Inverter, Front Loading Washing Machine||Rs. 32,990|
|Hisense 7.0 Kg Front Loading Washing Machine||Rs. 24,990|
|Haier Fully Automatic Washing Machine||Rs. 27,990|
What brand of washing machine is most reliable? Whirlpool, LG, and Samsung are the most reliable brands of washers. Yale Appliance found that less than 7% of the sales of these units required servicing. J.D. Power also ranks Samsung and LG as the highest-ranking manufacturers in customer satisfaction.Is there a 5 star washing machine? ›
This Samsung 7 Kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine comes in the 5.5 x 6 x 8.9 m dimension and assures a hygienic wash with 99.99% bacteria reduction. Along with this, the offered 5 star front loading washing machine comes with different wash programs and an anti-tangle function.What is the most popular washing machine brand in USA? ›
The market for washing machines in the United States is clearly dominated by American producer Whirlpool and its subsidiaries, mainly Maytag, standing at some 46 percent.
James King in 1851 created the first washing machine to use a drum, Hamilton Smith in 1858 patented a rotary version, and in 1868 Thomas Bradford, a British inventor, created a commercially successful machine that resembles the modern device.
|Whirlpool 7 kg Fully Automatic Top Load Washing Machine (360 BW PRO H 7.0)||Rs. 26,700|
|Samsung 7 kg Semi Automatic Top Load Washing Machine (WT70M3200HB/TL)||Rs. 12,390|
|Whirlpool 11 kg Semi Automatic Top Load Washing Machine (ACE XL 11)||Rs. 16,912|
There are two categories of washing machines when determining the average lifespan of these appliances. Traditionally, top-load washers last about 14 years, and they have been used for generations. The average lifespan of front-load washers, on the other hand, is about 11 years.Do front-load washers still have problems? ›
Front load washers can require more maintenance than top load washers. You can't always put clothes in mid-cycle, as the door locks to prevent leakage. Because it's harder for water to evaporate, front load washers may have more mold or mildew problems.Is there a front-load washer without mold problems? ›
Best Front Load Washer with Mold Prevention GE GFW850SPNRS
Add the GE OdorBlock features alongside a thorough self-clean cycle, and you can make cleaning your washer a breeze. This model also has the automatic detergent dispenser we love, holding enough detergent for 32 consecutive loads.